This policy is effective since September 1, 2020.
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, update or add information to your account, provide feedback, request support, subscribe to content we offer, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. The personal information we collect includes the following:
We may collect information such as your first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, zip code, telephone number, or information about your interactions with us or others, and other information.
Whenever you sign in on your account through the Cargenta App, we may collect the following information automatically, as collected and sent by the Cargenta App, and associate such information with your account:
• your location information
• your Cargenta Brain Devices location information
• information about your usage of our Services, including by making use of third party web analysis tools, the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, Cargenta advertisements that you view or click on, information about the mobile device on which you have installed the Cargenta App, and the geographic location of the computer system or device that you are using to log into our Services
• information about your vehicle geographic location, vehicle health and status, mileage driven, service and maintenance alerts. Neither we nor our affiliated dealerships and repair shops guarantee that the vehicle health information is accurate or complete, and this application is intended to supplement, and not replace, maintenance and repairs as recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer or your personal mechanic.
• Social media. You may use social networks or other online services to use our Services. When you do so, we may collect certain personal information made available through your social network account. By associating a social network account with our Services, you agree that we may access and retain that information in accordance with the policies of the social network or other online service and this Privacy Notice. For example, we may be able to access account or profile information that you have provided to the social network or information about your interactions with the social network (such as content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.). You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to your personal information retained by the respective social media site about you.
• Information through customer service. We may collect the personal information you actively provide to our service personnel if you contact our customer support hotline through our Website and/or Cargenta App.
• Email. We may collect information regarding the effectiveness of our email and other communications with you. For example, we may know if you follow a link in an email we send to you.
• Vehicle Information. Using the vehicle identification number (VIN) and other vehicle information you provide to us, we may collect non-personal information about your vehicle from publicly available sources such as National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the vehicle’s manufacturer, and third party vehicle history reporting services.
Cookies are small text files that our Services ask to place on your computer’s hard drive and onto your mobile device’s memory. If your browser is set to accept cookies, then your browser adds the text in a small file.
We use cookie technology for various purposes, such as to facilitate your use of our Services, e.g., to remember you when you return to our Website, identify you when you sign in, authenticate your access, enable your use of specific functionalities, keep track of your specified preferences or choices, tailor content to your preferences or geographic region, display personalized browsing history, or provide technical support.
Cookies also enable us to display interest-based advertising on our Website using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads are displayed to you based on cookies linked to your online activities.
While our Website and Cargenta App at this time do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser, as indicated above.
You can change your settings to refuse these third party cookies or to warn you before cookies are placed. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features and services through our Services.
The third parties service includes but not limited to:
• Google Analytics (Google)
• Social Plugins and Social Widgets
To learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Cargenta also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect Other Information. Generally analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Facebook: Information obtained from the Facebook account you use to login to the website, such as your name, birth date, picture, and other details you may have on your Facebook profile. We do not have any access to Facebook passwords.
• Google: Information obtained from the Google account you use to login to the website, such as your name, birth date, picture, and other details you may have associated with your Google account.
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information held or controlled by us by submitting a request. Based on the extent to which you withdraw your consent to let us process your personal information, this may mean that you will not be able to access our products and services. Deleting your account will not of itself entirely remove associated content from our systems. We will delete relevant information that can be clearly identified (like your email, name, and country), but information that cannot be clearly identified (such as your birthday or gender information) may not be deleted.
• To process transactions: We use your personal information to process payments you make through the Services. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
• To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
• Security and privacy: We verify accounts and activities and ensure that the Services are used legally by investigating suspicious activities or violations of our terms. This promotes the security and privacy of the Services.
• Communication about the Services: We will communicate with you about the Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you with the marketing of the Services and promote other marketing events of our company.
• Advertising and business information: We may advertise our own and third-party products based on the products you have installed, accessed, used, and purchased. You may receive marketing information that may contain content that may be of interest to you. As we do not want to spam you, you can manage these communications. We will respect your choices.
• Vehicle alerts. If you have authorized us to do so, we may push information about your vehicle health, status or condition (but never your vehicle location) to an affiliated dealership or repair shop. The affiliated dealership or repair shop may use that information to communicate with you about your vehicle’s service needs, and to understand your vehicle’s health history during maintenance or repair visit. We only share information with the affiliated dealership or repair shop that has been expressly approved by you.
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of applicable law, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a minor without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the minor that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently will delete that information.
If you are a minor under the age of 16 (according to the legal requirements of EU member states, the minimum must not be less than 13 years old), you must obtain written consent from your parent or legal guardian before using this product and its relevant services. This product and the relevant services will protect the personal information of minors in accordance with the relevant EU laws and regulations.
California Minors: While the Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, if you are a California resident who is under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: email@example.com. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information was entered, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) was not posted by you; (3) is anonymized so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the Content or information. Removal of your content or information from the Service does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information from our systems or the systems of our service providers. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
• Third-party providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market the Services. When we share information with third-party providers, we ask them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with your explicit permission.
• Third-party services: When you use third-party services that integrate with the Services, they may receive information about what you have shared with them. If you interact with third-party services through the Services, you may provide information directly to such third parties. Please note that when you use third party services, their own terms and privacy policies will apply to your use of these services.
We collect, and store with your account, detailed location information about your Cargenta Brain Device(s) as collected and sent via the the Cargenta Brain Device(s) or the Cargenta App installed on your mobile device.
In order to improve the Services, we sometimes need to process data further, beyond normal collection procedures. If we use your personal information beyond the stated purpose of collection, we will inform you and obtain your express consent before use.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway Providers Database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
We provide users with the ability to manage, change or delete their data.
• Changing your email, nickname, and more: You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account and visiting your account settings page.
• Unsubscribe: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also unsubscribe by visiting your account settings page.
• Deleting your account: If you want to delete your Account, we will enable you to do this in your account settings page. Deleting your Account will entirely remove the content you have published from our systems.
Note：Our website only collects your personal information when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter
We store the data until we no longer need it to provide services or until the user’s account is deleted, depending on which comes first. This requires specific analysis of the situation and depends on the nature of the data, the reasons for collecting and processing the data, and the related legal or operational retention needs.
Usually we do not collect automated information.
Occasionally, we may need to email you if you subscribe. We may need to send you some products information and tell you something important campaign. But if you do not subscribe, we will not send you any promotional related information. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
You can login to our website with your Facebook or Google account. We will obtain Information from the Facebook account or Google account you use to login to the website, such as your name, email, gender, birthday, picture (your Facebook password is collected directly by Facebook without passing through our systems, and we do not have access to it). Because this kind of information can be seen by anyone, you should exercise care in what you choose to submit; make sure everything you submit is something you want to share with everyone.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
• Corporate affiliates. We may disclose information to our corporate affiliates for purposes such as providing joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support), performing marketing and helping detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our Terms of Service, and data security breaches. We may also participate in joint ventures with others and we may disclose information as part of that joint venture.
• Partner sites. We may disclose the information we collect to Partner Sites (as defined below) and the owners of those sites. For example, we may share information for the purpose of determining or verifying our economic rights and obligations.
• Service providers. We may share your personal information (including your location information and your Cargenta Brain Devices’ location information) with our third party service providers or affiliates, as authorized by us to collect, process and use your personal information as data processors on our behalf, such as, for instance, cloud based and hosting services, technical service providers, mail carriers, communication agencies and customer support service providers; these parties may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the USA. An updated list of the parties engaged by us for the processing of your personal information may be requested from us at any time. Other than as indicated above, we will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless compelled by law to do so or if you have given your prior consent.
• Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law. We may use and disclose the information we collect to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We may disclose your personal information to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our Terms of Service, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information you share with third parties, even if we link to those third parties from the Website. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of such third party before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
California residents can make certain requests about their personal information under the CCPA. Specifically, if you are a California resident, you may request that we:
• provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you; delete certain information we have about you; and/or provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we may retain certain information for legal compliance and to secure our Services. We may need certain information in order to provide the Services to you; if you ask us to delete it, you will no longer be able to use the Services.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
The CCPA also sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information. We do not engage in such activity based on our understanding of the definition of sale under the CCPA and current guidance, and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months. We do share information as outlined in this Policy, including with other businesses through the use of website cookies, pixels, or other technologies in order to provide services including analytics and advertising and marketing our services on other sites or apps. You can control certain of these cookies through browser settings and other controls and as outlined in this Policy.
If you would like information regarding your rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps such as verifying your email address and specific information to confirm your identity and request.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, please send an e-mail with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line to email@example.com
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you may have the right to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.